7 Best 600cc Motorcycles In 2024 + 2 Stroke Vs 4 Stroke
For many years, the 600cc class of motorcycles was the go-to choice for riders looking for a perfect balance of power and agility. They’re popular for riders who value speed, maneuverability, and affordability.
I’m a big fan of the 600cc bikes and have curated a list of the seven best options on the market. If you’re shopping for a new bike, read on to find out the best options in the 600cc class.
My top choice is the Yamaha YZF-R6. This bike offers a high-performance engine, powerful brakes, and impressive tech features. It’s an ideal choice for riders looking for plenty of speed.
Table of Contents
Best 600cc motorcycles in 2024:
Here’s a list of the best 600cc motorcycles:
- Yamaha YZF-R6 Supersport Motorcycle
- Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
- Honda CBR600RR
- Triumph Trident 660 Motorcycle
- Suzuki GSX-R600 Sportbike
- Aprilia RS660
- MV Agusta F3 675
1. Yamaha YZF-R6 Supersport Motorcycle — Best Overall
The Yamaha YZF-R6 Supersport Motorcycle is a powerful, dynamic bike that offers an exhilarating ride experience. It’s one of the best 600cc motorcycles for riders craving high performance and speed. This race bike scores high marks for its advanced technology and sleek design.
- Engine: 599cc liquid-cooled DOHC inline four-cylinder engine, producing 120 horsepower. The engine is powerful and responsive, providing excellent acceleration and speed.
- Transmission: Six-speed transmission with multi-plate slipper clutch. The transmission is smooth and precise, allowing for seamless gear changes and maximum control.
- Starter: Electric starter. The electric starter is convenient and reliable, making it easy to start the bike quickly and effortlessly.
- Brakes: Dual 320mm hydraulic front disc brakes and 220mm rear disc brakes. The brakes are powerful and responsive, providing excellent stopping power and control.
- Height: 43.1 inches. The height is comfortable for most riders, providing a good balance between control and maneuverability. However, if you’re a short rider, you may want to go for a bike with a much lower seat height.
- Weight: 419 pounds. The weight is light enough to provide excellent handling and maneuverability but heavy enough to provide stability and control.
- Suspension: Fully adjustable KYB 43mm inverted fork front suspension and KYB rear suspension. The suspension is responsive and customizable, allowing for a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons. The fuel capacity is generous, providing enough range for long rides without the need for frequent refueling.
- High-performance engine
- Precise and smooth transmission
- Powerful brakes
- Responsive suspension
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Generous fuel capacity
- Not suitable for long-distance touring
- Uncomfortable for riders seeking a more relaxed ride
- No ABS option
Summary: Overall, the Yamaha YZF-R6 Supersport Motorcycle is an excellent choice for riders who crave speed and performance. With its high-performance engine, advanced technology, and generous fuel capacity, this race bike scores high marks for reliability.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is one of the best 600cc motorcycles for riders who want a high-performance bike with excellent handling and sleek design. It’s a versatile supersport bike that can be used for commuting or track riding. However, it may not be the best choice for beginners or riders looking for a more comfortable ride.
- Engine: 636cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine delivers more power in a smooth and predictable way, making it easy to handle in various riding conditions.
- Transmission: Six-speed transmission allows for smooth gear changes and quick acceleration, making it perfect for both city and highway riding.
- Starter: Electric starter provides easy and reliable starting every time.
- Brakes: Dual front 310mm petal disc brakes and a single rear 220mm petal disc brake provide excellent stopping power and control.
- Height: 32.7-inch seat height makes it easy for riders of different heights to ride comfortably. However, you may need a smaller supersport bike if you’re 5’5″ or shorter.
- Weight: 428 lbs (194 kg) curb weight makes it lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Suspension: The fully adjustable Showa suspension system provides a smooth and comfortable ride while allowing for precise handling and control.
- Fuel capacity: 4.5-gallon fuel tank capacity offers plenty of range for longer rides.
- Excellent handling and performance.
- Sleek and sporty design.
- Smooth and predictable power delivery.
- Powerful brakes.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- Fully adjustable suspension system.
- Not the best choice for beginners.
- Can be uncomfortable for long rides.
- Limited storage space.
Summary: Overall, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R is an excellent option for this category. While it’s not the best choice for beginners, it’s perfect for those who want to experience the thrill of riding a high-performance motorcycle.
The Honda CBR600RR is an excellent sportbike for riders who crave speed and precision on the road or track. This bike comes with a high-performance engine, agile handling, and advanced tech features. While it’s famed for its performance one the tracks, the CBR600RR isn’t the most comfortable choice for long rides or beginners.
- Engine: The CBR600RR has a 599cc liquid-cooled inline-four engine that delivers impressive power and acceleration.
- Transmission: This bike features a close-ratio six-speed manual transmission that allows for smooth and precise gear changes.
- Starter: The electric starter system makes starting the bike easy and convenient.
- Brakes: The front and rear disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and control.
- Height: This bike has a 32.3 inches seat height, making it easy for riders of all sizes to handle. But if you’re 5’5″ or shorter, you might want to go for bikes with lower seat heights.
- Weight: The CBR600RR weighs 410 pounds which is relatively lightweight for a 600cc bike. This gives it agility and responsiveness on the road. But if you’re a short rider with a slender frame, handling the CBR600RR’s weight can be a bit tricky.
- Suspension: The bike features an inverted Big Piston Fork front suspension and a Unit Pro-Link rear suspension system that offers a smooth ride and precise handling.
- Fuel Capacity: The fuel tank can hold up to 4.8 gallons of gas, providing ample range for long rides.
- Powerful and agile performance
- Advanced technology and features
- Lightweight and responsive handling
- Uncomfortable for long rides
- Not ideal for beginners
- Might be more expensive than some other 600cc motorcycles
Summary: The Honda CBR600RR is a high-performance sportbike that delivers an exhilarating riding experience. Its powerful engine and lightweight design make it a great choice for experienced riders who want plenty of speed.
The Triumph Trident 660 Motorcycle is a versatile bike with exceptional handling and comfort. Equipped with a powerful engine, agile suspension, and modern design, the Trident 660 is one of the best 600cc motorcycles available in the market. It has different riding modes / power modes. That said, it may not be suitable for riders who prioritize fuel efficiency over performance.
- Engine: The Trident 660 features a 660cc liquid-cooled engine that delivers a maximum power of 80 hp. The engine is responsive and provides a smooth riding experience.
- Transmission: The bike has a six-speed transmission that shifts smoothly and is easy to use.
- Starter: The electric starter is convenient and reliable and allows you to start the bike quickly.
- Brakes: The Trident 660 has dual front and single rear disc brakes, providing excellent stopping power and stability.
- Height and Weight: The bike has a seat height of 31.5 inches and weighs 189 kg, making it easy to handle and maneuver.
- Suspension: The bike features Showa suspension, providing a comfortable and smooth ride.
- Fuel Capacity: The Trident 660 has a fuel capacity of 14 liters. While it’s sufficient for shorter trips, it’s not ideal for long ones.
- Great performance and handling.
- Modern and stylish design.
- Comfortable riding position.
- Agile suspension.
- Fuel efficiency could be better.
- Limited storage space.
Summary: The Triumph Trident Motorcycle is an outstanding bike that offers excellent performance, comfort, and style. The bike offers agile suspension, reliable brakes, and smooth transmission, making it a joy to ride. However, the limited storage space and relatively low fuel efficiency may be a drawback for some riders.
The Suzuki GSX-R600 is a popular sportbike designed for high-performance riding on the track or street. This bike features a sleek and aggressive look, with a sharp front fairing, aerodynamic bodywork, and a low-slung riding position. With its superior handling and impressive acceleration, the GSX-R600 gives you plenty of speed and control on the road or track. However, riders who prioritize comfort and convenience over speed and agility might want to check out other options.
- Engine: A liquid-cooled, four-cylinder engine with a displacement of 599cc that produces a maximum power of 104 horsepower. This powerful and reliable engine provides riders with a thrilling ride experience.
- Transmission: A six-speed manual transmission that allows riders to shift gears smoothly and control the bike’s speed and acceleration.
- Starter: An electric starter that ensures easy and reliable starting of the engine.
- Brakes: Dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power and control, enhancing the safety systems of the rider.
- Height and weight: The bike’s height is 31.9 inches, and it weighs is 412 pounds. The seat height and curb weight make it easy to handle and maneuver. This suits both beginners and experienced riders.
- Suspension: A fully adjustable suspension system ensures a smooth and comfortable ride, even on bumpy roads.
- Fuel capacity: The fuel tank has a capacity of 4.5 gallons, providing riders with adequate fuel for longer rides.
- Impressive acceleration and top speed
- Excellent handling and maneuverability
- Reliable engine and transmission
- Superior braking system
- Comfortable and adjustable suspension
- Might not suit riders who prioritize comfort and convenience over speed and agility
- Lack of storage space
- No ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) as standard
Summary: With its powerful engine, smooth transmission, and superior handling, the Suzuki GSX-R600 is an excellent choice for riders who value speed and agility. However, its lack of storage space and the absence of ABS may not be ideal for riders who prioritize comfort and convenience.
The Aprilia RS660 is a high-performance sportbike that’s been turning heads since its release in 2020. With its stunning design, lightweight chassis, and advanced technology, this bike has quickly become a favorite among riders. If you’re looking for a powerful 600cc motorcycle, the Aprilia RS660 should definitely be on your list.
- Engine: A 660cc parallel-twin engine that delivers a whopping 100 horsepower. The engine is designed to be both powerful and efficient, providing a smooth and responsive ride.
- Transmission: A six-speed transmission that allows for quick and smooth gear changes, making it easy to navigate any terrain.
- Starter: A push-button starter that makes it easy to start the bike, even in cold weather conditions.
- Brakes: Dual 320mm disc brakes with Brembo calipers provide excellent stopping power, ensuring you can brake quickly and safely.
- Height: The seat height is 32.5 inches, making it easy for most riders to reach the ground comfortably.
- Weight: The bike weighs only 169 kg, making it one of the lightest bikes in its class. This makes it easy to maneuver and control, even at high speeds.
- Suspension: A fully adjustable suspension system provides a smooth and comfortable ride, even on rough roads.
- Fuel Capacity: With a 15-liter fuel tank, you can ride for long distances without having to refuel.
- Lightweight and agile
- High-performance engine
- Advanced technology
- Sleek and stylish design
- Comfortable riding position
- Limited availability
- Expensive compared to other 600cc bikes
Summary: The Aprilia RS660 is an exceptional bike that offers high performance, advanced technology, and a sleek design. While it may not be suitable for everyone due to its price and limited availability, it’s definitely one of the best 600cc motorcycles available in the market today.
The MV Agusta F3 675 is a top-of-the-line 600cc motorcycle that boasts impressive performance, agility, and style. With its lightweight frame, powerful engine, and advanced suspension, this bike is a fantastic option for riders who want a thrilling and rewarding experience on the road or track. However, it may not be the best choice for riders who prioritize comfort and convenience over performance
- Engine: The F3 675 comes equipped with a 675cc, three-cylinder engine that delivers 128 horsepower and 52 lb-ft of torque. This engine provides excellent acceleration and top speed, making it a joy to ride.
- Transmission: The bike features a six-speed transmission that provides smooth and precise gear changes. The clutch is also easy to operate, making it easy to shift gears quickly.
- Starter: The F3 675 has an electric starter, ensuring reliable and hassle-free starting.
- Brakes: The bike has dual 320mm front disc brakes and a single 220mm rear disc brake, providing excellent stopping power and traction control.
- Height and Weight: The bike has a seat height of 31.9 inches and weighs just 381 pounds, making it a lightweight and nimble option for riders.
- Suspension: The bike features an advanced suspension system that includes an upside-down fork and a single shock absorber, providing excellent handling and stability.
- Fuel Capacity: The F3 675 has a fuel capacity of 4.4 gallons, providing a decent range for longer rides.
- Impressive engine performance
- Excellent handling and agility
- Stylish design and appearance
- Lightweight and nimble
- Advanced suspension system
- Limited comfort for long rides
- Expensive compared to other 600cc bikes
- Not suitable for beginners
Summary: The MV Agusta F3 675 is an outstanding 600cc motorcycle, delivering exceptional performance, agility, and style. While it may not be great for riders who prioritize comfort or affordability, it’s an excellent option for those who want a thrilling riding experience.
Check our article on the best beginner motorcycle.
Factors To Consider When Buying A 600cc Motorcycle
When buying a 600cc motorcycle, there are a plethora of factors to consider before making the final purchase. While the thrill and adrenaline rush of owning a high-powered bike can be tempting, ensuring that the bike fits your riding style and requirements is crucial. Here are the top factors to consider when buying a 600cc motorcycle:
1. Riding Experience
Before buying a 600cc motorcycle, it is important to evaluate your riding experience. A 600cc motorcycle is a powerful machine requiring considerable skill and experience. If you are a beginner rider, you might want to start with a smaller engine capacity and work your way up.
Another important factor to consider is the purpose of the motorcycle. Will you be using the bike for daily commuting or long-distance touring? A sports bike may not be the most practical option if you plan on using it for daily commuting. On the other hand, a touring bike would be a better option if you are planning on long-distance touring.
Comfort is an important factor when it comes to purchasing a 600cc motorcycle. It is essential to consider your body type and height when choosing a bike. If you are tall, then you should consider a bike with a higher seat height. Additionally, the handlebar and footpeg positioning should be comfortable to ensure that you can ride for long hours without experiencing any discomfort.
Price is always a crucial factor when making a purchase decision. 600cc motorcycles come in a range of prices, and it is essential to determine your budget before making a decision. It is important to remember that the price of the bike is not the only cost associated with ownership. Maintenance, insurance, and other related costs should also be factored in.
5. Brand Reputation
Brand reputation is an important factor to consider when buying a 600cc motorcycle. A reputable brand is more likely to produce high-quality bikes with reliable components. They also have a stronger resale value, making it easier to sell the bike in the future.
6. Safety Features
Look for features such as anti-lock braking systems, traction control, advanced rider aids, and other safety systems. These features can significantly improve the safety of the rider and reduce the risk of accidents.
Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about 600cc bikes.
Is 600cc too much for a beginner?
A 600cc sports bike is the perfect beginner setup for anyone who wants to enter the sport bike world. It is pretty tame compared to a 1000cc but almost as fast. The key benefit is that it is a lot lighter.
Is it ok to start on a 600cc bike?
Even though there is a lot of controversy about starting on a 600cc, I think it is ok. You will be ok if you have the right mindset and understand that the motorcycle is still fast and agile.
How many miles does a 600cc motorcycle last?
Any engine lasts as long as you allow it to last due to regular maintenance and care. Sports bikes are not generally higher mileage motorcycles like cruisers, but they are very high revving and are generally ridden very hard. They are generally due for a rebuild at 45,000 miles.
How much horsepower does a 600cc motorcycle have?
A 600cc engine generally has 115 hp, but you can gain more with an exhaust system and ECU flash.
With several 600cc motorcycles available in the market, choosing the right motorcycle to suit your needs can be challenging. Now that you’ve read our reviews, we hope you’ve made a more concrete decision!